My family loves bread, and I really can’t get away from that fact. It just can’t be denied that a couple slices of gluten-free bread are just perfect for an easy school lunch.
Problem is, we’ve discovered more and more food allergies and intolerances in our family over the years. Rice, corn, wheat, gluten, peanuts, dairy, and possibly coconut are some of the things we need to be careful about in our house. I’ve made some allergy-friendly bread recipes, but people kept asking me for a yeast-free paleo sandwich bread.
So here’s to a loaf of delicious paleo sandwich bread that we intolerant foodies can enjoy!! This amazing loaf is one of my favorite creations. It bakes up so well with a nice crust, and crumb is decidedly BREAD, not cake like most paleo sandwich bread is.
Look at all those little holes in the crumb! This bread has that nice elasticity that I really miss from wheat bread. It’s hearty and soft and simply made for sandwiches.
Pass the butter!!
- eggs - 6
- unsweetened applesauce - 1/3 cup
- ghee - 4 tablespoons, melted
- pure maple syrup - 1 tablespoon
- cassava flour - 3/4 cup
- psyllium husk powder - 1/4 cup
- salt - 1/2 teaspoon
- baking soda - 1/2 teaspoon
- raw apple cider vinegar - 1/2 teaspoon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and grease a Magic Line brand loaf pan* with some ghee.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the eggs with the applesauce, ghee, and maple syrup.
- Add the cassava flour, psyllium, and salt and mix well.
- Add the baking soda and vinegar and mix well.
- Pour into the loaf pan and bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Let cool, slice, and enjoy!